There are about seven acknowledged type of dried dragons, all indigenous to Sydney. Below is actually a brief description of each and everyEastern Dragon. (Poona barbate) This kinds also called Jew Lizard and Frilly Lizard is located over the eastern and the southern part of coasts of Australia. It offers greater spikes, is far more competitive and displays its beard activity more often.
- This is actually the most significant species inside the Poona genus a few of these go over 8 INS snout to vent span. They are available in a number of environments, such as damp woodlands and free of moisture scrublands. They try to eat a wide variety of food items such as insects, fresh fruit, green veggies, blossoms, and also more compact lizards.
- Lawson’s Dried Dragon (Poona henrylawsoni) commonly known by a lot of titles like Rankin’s Dragon, Dumpy Dragon, Dwarf dried passion fruit, or perhaps the Black color Dirt Dried Dragon. Known as right after a famous Aussie poet and blogger Henry Lawson. This kinds is located in the northern-eastern Aussie Status of Queensland, and are also noticed in the Northern Territories. This is probably the smaller sized kinds and also has a reduced beard. Frequently preyed upon by venomous snakes this dragon has followed a shield behavior of hiding in breaks inside the dirt.
- The Small-scaled Dried Dragon (Poona microlepidota) or Dry dale River Dragon lifestyles in a really modest place in north-western Modern Australia known as the Kimberly. Its environment is open woodland and then there are grasses and low-lying down shrubs. The grown-up size of this unusual species is all about 14cm (5.5in) snout to vent length.
- The European Dried Dragon (Poona minima) life in the to the south-American aspect of Modern Australia, in a range of environments including woodlands, heath, arid wasteland, and in many cases seaside dunes. It is regarded as semi-arboreal, which is typically seen basking on rocks or decreased trees and in some cases observed basking on highways. Grownups can go beyond 6 in snout to vent length.
- The Dwarf Dried Dragon (Poona minor) life around American and main Melbourne. It is among the smaller Poona kinds, achieving about 6 in snout to vent duration as adults. Seen in a wide variety of habitats, which includes woodland and desert, this breed is notable by its quicker arms and legs and tail. These dragons are acknowledged to cover up throughout the hottest section of the day time to prevent overheating.